Doing Good Leeds is terminology you may never hear. You might think that I have mistakenly written the word LEED; however, it should be LEAD.
No, I don’t mistake. The word is LEED.
Now, you are thinking, what is this word "Leed." Let me explain it to you.
What is LEED?
LEED stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design. It is a certificate course that is concerned with the field of ecology. This program is conducting by the USGBC (US Green Building Council). The primary objective of this certification is focused on rewarding points on green building. It can be allotted to any projects regardless of new construction or renovation. The main idea of consideration is to grow an eco-friendly atmosphere in the residential and working space. Moreover, there is no difference between structure and category of construction. Schools, hospitals, healthcare centers, commercial offices, or any type of development includes in this program.
Fundamentals of LEED
LEED concept consists of five essential elements:
- Energy Efficiency
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- Materials Selection
- Sustainable Site Development
- Water Savings
Every construction company or architecture needs to consider all the aspects instructed by USGBC, according to the American Institute of Architects. They are almost 69 points to ensure that the building is enough to secure from pollution effects. For achieving the validation, the manufacturer should have to conduct a meeting with authorities and convince them on maximum points.
Advantages Of Doing Good Leeds
Through the LEED certificate, you are informing that the people are using a health-oriented space. Along with the motivation for employees, now they prefer to work in such a green environment after this awareness.
The benefits might not be viewable from the naked eyes in daily routines, but it possesses long-term positive impacts:
- Such a building is qualified for several incentives like zoning permits, tax relaxation, etc.
- The value of the construction that is passed for good LEED increases as compared to non-certified ones. Moreover, such spaces acquire the lease faster than other projects.
- The low maintenance cost will be required due to less waste and minimum utility consumption.
- Doing Good Leed validation will cause the project to be recession-proof construction.
- The high number of buyers kept their eyes to the structure that is doing good LEED validation before establishment. The concerned buyers increased day by day.
- If you plan to sell your construction in the future, the expert recommends getting the good LEED ranked certificate because the buyer is more interested in purchasing this type of space.
- If you have to take care of the ranking system and the space you are construction is for residence, you can also grant some space for paying guests. In this way, you will earn extra income, and the guest will surely like your area.
- Among all the profits, the most important fruit one would avail from such a place is fantastic. All the folks spending their time at such a place will remain healthy. No, no, not only health stability, such a green environment improves health.
- The image of the building owner and the organization that is doing good LEED certification and complete the development will get famous. The neighbor may inquire of various details from the owner about this validation.
- More business opportunity appears for the architecture who ensure LEED rewarding points while making the plan.
Is LEED Authentication Necessary?
The US government encourages getting your building certified from the concerned department and maintain according to prescribed standards. There are other rating systems as well, like Green Globes, or BREEAM. It means that authentication is not mandatory, but some cities are granting a particular time to plan it.
So, what are you waiting for? Best of luck, dude!